lördag 10 april 2010

Münster

























































































Sitting in a café in Münster drinking my second cup of coffee trying to wake up after a really nice and long night sleep. We played our old favourite venue Amp yesterday, a place I have played probably four or five times before. And as usual it was great. Eavo and Tobi took great care of us, the pizza from the pool-place next door was just as bland as usual and the show was great. I tried some stuff I had never played live before and I think it came across kind of ok. At least I felt very good about it.


After the show me and Ray went into the backstage to hide away from the crazy disco that was slowly starting out there. We´re old men I guess, or just boring, or maybe a bit of both. But after six hours in a car and working hard on stage for a good hour there is really not a lot of energy left for dancing to tracks I´ve never heard. It was so different a few years ago when touring with the band, and quite honestly I cannot understand how I did it. Party every night for several weeks, getting up next day to get in the van, and then start partying again.


The show at Schokoladen on Thursday was a great one. A pretty good sized crowd came out and we both played short but good sets. Last on the bill was The Gentle Act Incident from Göteborg. A very nice little coincidence, a lovely show and real kind people in the band. Good luck with the last show tonight boys and girls, we´ll meet in Göteborg soon.


The day leading up to the schoki-show was a bit of a stressful one. Christian was leaving Berlin by bus already at 1 pm. So we left Saalfeld already in the early morning. Of course our good friend James(the voice helping us out in the GPS-machine) gave us fucked up directions and we ended up way out on the country side. Stressful since we really had to make it to Berlin, but also kind of nice since we saw a fox! I don´t think I have ever seen a fox like that in the wild before, and it was really nice. He was just strutting alongside the car for a good two minutes and didn´t seem one bit bothered about us being there. A beauty he was.


So we arrive in Berlin, drop off Christian and head to my dear friend Björn´s house downtown. Him and Saara just recently moved apartments and wanted to go to some Baumarkt to pick up a few things for the flat. So they borrowed my car and me and Ray took it upon us to look after their little boy Joas. I am his godfather so I really felt the pressure to be the perfect baby sitter. And I must say. Damn, that´s hard work. Even for just the two hours I looked after him. I was so tired at the end of it I could have fallen asleep right there and then. But what a cute little one he is.


Saalfeld

This place needs a headline of its own. If you´re looking for some real country-side-Wednesday-night-rock-action Saalfeld is the place to go. A small town about half an hour south of Jena, we arrived in the late afternoon and parked the car just outside of the venue. We´re not even out of the car before around 800 kg´s of tattooed punk is carrying our stuff inside. The place is amazing and we´re being so very well looked after, with good coffee, excellent food, the best sound so far on stage and just general kindness. The show was great and we had a real good time with a bunch of real nice people before going to bed in the little hotel room we had for the night. Thank you so much for having us Tommy! We´ll come back any time.


So, now the sun is breaking through outside, and I should be getting back to Eavo´s house pretty soon. We wanna sort out a few technical things with our gear at the local music store today. We´re so professional!

Talk to you later. B

2 kommentarer:

  1. No concert in Bamberg on Monday. Sad!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Du warst zauberhaft in Münster!
    Danke danke danke

    SvaraRadera