måndag 19 april 2010

Aarau x2

We´ve had a few exciting days. Exciting in all kinds of meanings of the word.
After Luxembourg we went back to germany to play a show in Karlsruhe. I have been there quite a few times before, but that was years ago so I was very excited to get to Café Nun, a place everyone has spoken good of to me.

Café Nun is amazing. To me it was the highlight of the tour so far. Coming in, drinking coffe, soundchecking and eating a great meal. Everything was bursting with kindness and pleasure and I knew it was going to be a good evening. The show went excellent, I don´t know how many encores I played, but I enjoyed every single minute of being on stage. Then after the show we sat and talked for hours. Just me and Ray and the guys who set up the show. I am sorry if I miss out on any names. But. Wolfgang, Andi, Mark, Dennis and everyone else. Thank you for an amazing experience!

After a breakfast in high style we leave for the swiss adventure. Starts in Schaffhausen on Friday were we support a swedish band called Hellsongs. They´re basically a cover band who do old metal songs, and I think their crowd was not so into soft singer/songwriter-stuff on a Friday evening. It was very nice however to meet Daniela again although it is always way too short.

Off to Basel early on Saturday where we meet up with lovely Christine and have a walk around the city eating a falafel down by the Rhein, before meeting up with Jan and everyone else at the house where we´re playing the show. A nice crowd comes out and we play to neat little sets in the completely unfurnished livingroom. I met good friends Victor and Aline and we decided we´d spend some time together soon. Maybe do a trip or something in the fall. It is lovely meeting so many nice people on tour. Really one of the best things about it if not the most important. But always it is too short. I wish I had the money to play one show a week and hang out with friends inbetween!

So we quickly say goodbye and head to Aarau to play an evening show at Kiff, a lovely venue where I´ve played a couple of times before. But then of course it happens. The old Audi90 starts making weird sounds and we pull over on the side of the road. The right wheel seems to be the problem and we drive carefully the few kilometres we still have left to the venue. Two kind young men at the venue follow me out to troubleshoot the old vehicle and find out it is the right brake that is making the noises. So we park the car over night and head to Winterthur by train. But before that we play a really nice crowd in Aarau. Sami, Jan, Natalie, Christine and a couple of other guys come over from Basel and I play a really relaxed and fun set. Feels great to be into the game!

Winterthur yesterday was great. I get really frustrated going by train and I wonder how I´m gonna manage 8-9 hour rides in Spain. I feel I have no control of where I´m going. And I can´t get out and I can´t relax. I bet there´s a word for that.
Winterthur is a lovely little town and we go by foot to the venue guided by a very kind man we met in Schaffhausen. Thanks for the help! Off to the local radio station for a quick interview and live session and then down to the venue again. Meet up with Mr and Mrs Vargas and have a great evening talking about pink little elephants and minarets. Nice to meet you guys and have some time to sit and talk.

So today we slept in and took an afternoon train to Aarau to go to the garage where the car was being repaired. Thank you Oli and Lisa for all the trouble you went through for us. It really means the world to us.

Now bedtime. I have a bit of a cold and I´m going to try and sleep it away.
Talk to you soon. B

2 kommentarer:

  1. I can't believe that I dind't found the bar in winterthur where you where playing :(
    Hope you come soon back to CH

    SvaraRadera
  2. Hey Björn!
    Remember me?
    -"good" boy with beard
    from Zielona Góra :-)

    SvaraRadera